The Pass finally cleared and the family could come over for Preston's baby blessing. It was fun to have everyone here, even for such a short visit. My mom, Jonathan, Melanie, Siena, Blair, Holly and Charlotte all got here on Friday evening. It was supposed to be Friday afternoon, but thanks to construction on I-90 it added to their drive time.
They had some more friends come over on Saturday to hang out and play games. Rob and I went to an 80th Birthday Dinner for his mom, and when we came home our house was full of laughter and food, and one cranky baby who was hungry! Other than the baby, it was just like when they were young and still in high school. The conversations were a bit different though. Two pregnant women will definitely change things!
My dad was supposed to have the weekend off, but due to a new project he ended up working on Saturday. So, he drove over after work, got here around midnight. Slept. Went to church for 1 hour, and drove home. Crazy right?! I am so grateful he was willing and able to do that. It really meant a lot to have him give my son a blessing. The priesthood is a marvelous power, and I am so grateful for it.
It was also nice to have Rob's side here for his mom's 80th birthday that weekend, so we could have his brother-in-law, uncle, and cousin-in-law join us. What a great family we have!


No comments:
Post a Comment