4 Adorable Little People

4 Adorable Little People
The Fam Summer 2013

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Spring Break

I decided that since my brothers were moving, either soon or in the near future, I didn't need to hold on to all the baby stuff. So, I spent almost all of spring break organizing and sorting the house. Including the baby stuff! I put it all aside in a pile for Rob to deliver to St. Vincents. Luckily my husband had a longer list of things to do, than worry about my "honey do list" and they sat there for awhile.
And then not even a month later I suspected that I may be pregnant. I kept this quiet until I got to the point that maybe I should break down and purchase a home test. Now, you may not know this, but with years of infertility and purchasing those blasted tests, only to have them show a negative result. So, around 1997 I banned them from our house. However, after 3 children, two via invitro, I decided that I could probably handle taking a home test, instead of going to get a blood test. (Which is what I did when I was pregnant with Ashley. A story for another day.)
Not only was the test positive, it was the quickest result I have ever seen. The only one who knew besides Rob and I, was our neighbor, my midwife.
We wanted to wait until I was close to or past the first trimester. I went to the Dr. at 10 weeks and got to see the little heartbeat on a portable ultrasound machine. Things had certainly upgraded since my last pregnancy! It was so exciting to see such a strong heartbeat that I couldn't wait to tell the world. That night we took the kids out to dinner to celebrate. We told them before we left and spent the entire dinner discussing names! It was so fun!!
That night we called all of our family members to let them know.
My favorite was calling my parents. It was a couple days before my dad's birthday, so I called and told my mom to get everyone together (mom, dad, Anthony & Laura) and put it on speakerphone, so the kids could sing to Papa. So when I called back a couple minutes later three of the four were gathered together (Laura was a little tired, being pregnant herself) and the kids sang out "Mama's going to have a baby" instead of the standard "Happy birthday." Needless to say there wasn't much initial response. My mom said "What?" and my dad said "Alethea Rene" (still not sure what that meant!) It was pretty funny, the only way it could have been better would be to see their faces!

No comments: