Well, we started this summer off with sickness. Makenna missed the last week of school she was so sick, and Ashley picked it up right after, then I was lucky enough to get it. So the first 3 weeks of summer was spent in the sickroom (previously known as the playroom!) Which included part of Youth Conference, so I went to the Friday schedule with literally 20 minutes of sleep in 36 hours. Fun, right!! Let's just say the girls saw a different side of Sister Carpenter at the dance!!!
We are all better and have been able to go to the Kroc Center and the Family Film Festival, which has been fun. We were able to celebrate Ashley's birthday, she had such fun with her friends. It was all last minute, but she was so excited to be four and a big girl. I've always wondered what age qualifies for a big girl, now I know! Rob has the pictures of that on his laptop, so hopefully I can update this soon!
Now we're looking forward to spending a week with family! There will be a lot of us in the house, but as crazy as it will get I know it will be fun. I'm sure I'll have pictures to add after this insanity!
I survived Girls Camp this year. This is the first time in years that I spent the night, and I'm so glad I did. The girls are so much fun and the leaders were fabulous!! I'm so appreciative to them for preparing and organizing such a great week for the girls!! Unfortunately I wasn't organized enough to remember my camera, but I know there were a few floating around, so hopefully I'll have some pictures to add soon!
I can't believe we're almost to August, I know it's only half way through July, but when my visit with family if over, we'll be days from August. Yikes! Summer was entirely too short in comparison to the winter we had!
Trevor will start Kindergarten, which is just impossible to consider! Ashley will be so lonely!
1 comment:
Love, Love the family 4th of July picture. Are you sure it is summer? I think we are busier now. With all that family coming to your house, remember to step away from the kitchen sink and enjoy everyone. Something I struggle with.
Post a Comment